Fragrance Girl

When life gets out of control ~

Lately life feels out of control. We've had an entirely sick family, 1 very sick and 1 slightly sick cat, stress, stress, anger, and more stress!

For me, when life feels out of control, I want to control the things I can control.

That means I need to organize and declutter.

Lately my kitchen feels visually cluttered, and that freaks me out. A lot of it has to do with the 'backsplash' I spent hours hunched over painting. It's a moroccan stencil on a textured wall. Yeaaaaaaah. Not working for me. Dont get me wrong, it's very pretty and the look changes based on the time of day. But, it's a lot going on there, I want simple and clean.

Like this:

Drew is going to have a heart attack, but I'm so going to paint our island... or maybe leave it like this and paint the rest of the cabinets white/cream. When I get the guts!

I have these wonderful pull out shelves in all my lower cabinets, and the island has been my 'I dont know where to put this' stashing place. No longer!! I'm going to clean it out and throw out anything I havent used. I'm going to put all my baking supplies there.

I'm also going to take off a few upper cabinet doors.

I have so many cook books that I want to display and I want to make getting dishes easier, plus they are currently in the most inconvenient place possible. WOOHOO!! LOOK OUT CLUTTER!!!

Before:

Lookee... you can even see my oh so lovely "backsplash". Pffft.

After:

Hmmmm... thoughts???